Anyone with social media marketing savvy also knows that it’s not a one-sided affair: the goal of social media is to engage with people (namely: your fans and customers).
To keep things interesting, I’ve created this ultimate cheat sheet of 150 social media post ideas that get the conversation rolling.
HR professionals and trainers may like to try these ideas as icebreakers or get-to-know-you prompts for meetings, trainings, and events.
Keep things polished by using Pablo by Buffer or Canva to create free images for your social media posts.
Any way you spin it, your social media calendar will be full in no time!
150 social media post ideas to steal right now for your brand or business
1. Coke or Pepsi?
2. Cats or dogs?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. Books or music?
5. Ice skates or roller blades?
6. Train, plane, or car?
7. Pie or cake?
8. Beach or mountains?
9. Procrastinate or get it done now?
10. Pancakes or waffles?
11. Morning person or night person?
12. Text or call?
13. Library or museum?
14. Summer or winter?
15. Spring or fall?
16. Chocolate or vanilla?
17. Rain or snow?
18. Comedy or drama?
19. Burger or hot dog?
20. Reading or writing?
21. Skiing or snowboarding?
22. Pool or ocean for swimming?
23. Sweet or salty?
24. Alaska or Hawaii?
25. Shower or bath?
26. Pasta or pizza?
27. Candy or chocolate?
28. Sleep or gym?
29. Scones or cinnamon rolls?
30. Eggs--scrambled, sunny side up, or fried?
31. Monopoly or Life?
32. Villain or superhero?
33. Milkshake or ice cream sundae?
34. Chipotle or Qdoba?
35. Cooking or takeout?
36. Swim with dolphins or sharks?
37. Rice or potatoes?
38. Beer or wine?
39. City or country?
40. Nachos or cheese fries?
41. The women who have most influenced me are _________
42. If I could go anywhere in the world right now, I would go to _________
43. The best way to relax after a long day is _________
44. _________always makes me feel inspired
45. The best afternoon snack is _________
46. I've lived in _________ cities in my life
47. I laugh every time I think about _________
48. _________ is the most annoying celebrity on the planet
49. _________is the best quality in a partner/mate
50. _________ always cheers me up
51. I just called (texted) to say _________
52. _________is the most hilarious person ever
53. _________ does NOT belong in a salad
54. I think children are _________
55. I have never _________
56. I love it when _________
57. My idea of beauty is _________
58. The most important decision I ever made was _________
59. There is nothing I enjoy more than _________
60. I really look up to _________
61. Favorite quote?
62. Favorite food--the one you could eat any day of the week?
63. What is your all-time favorite movie?
64. Favorite ice cream flavor?
65. Favorite toppings to add to pizza?
66. Favorite comfort food?
67. Favorite 80s movie?
68. Favorite animated movie?
69. Favorite music artists?
70. Favorite sport to watch?
71. Favorite sport to play?
72. Favorite holiday?
73. What's your favorite dish to cook?
74. Favorite sports teams?
75. Favorite place to shop?
76. Confess: who were your teenage celebrity crushes?
77. How long have you known your best friend, and how did you meet?
78. How did you keep in touch before the days of social media?
79. What's the most embarrassing thing you did in high school?
80. What's your favorite childhood memory?
81. As a teenager, how did you spend your summers?
82. What was your very first job?
83. What would you do on a 'stay-cation'?
84. What do you love most about travel?
85. What do you hate most about travel?
86. Do you have a passport? If so, what countries have you visited?
87. What's your favorite thing to do on a plane?
88. What's the best or craziest road trip you've ever been on?
89. What destination is your favorite (so far)?
90. What destination is on the top of your bucket list?
91. What can't you travel without?
92. When you travel, what do you miss most about home?
93. Which country has the friendliest people?
94. What's the longest you've ever been away from home?
95. How do you document your travels?
96. What's your top travel tip?
97. When you travel, do you follow a schedule or go with the flow?
98. Window or aisle seat?
99. What's the longest plane ride you've ever been on?
100. What are you reading right now?
101. What were some of your favorite books as a child?
102. What super popular book that everyone else loved did you seriously hate?
103. It's a day of the week that ends in 'day'. Are you reading?
104. Where do you most often find yourself reading (bed, bus, hammock, etc.)?
105. What are you typically wearing while reading?
106. What's your reaction when someone buys you a book?
107. Would you rather read the book or watch the movie adaptation?
108. What's your opinion on e-books vs. traditional paper books?
109. You are stranded on a desert island. Would you rather have a pocket knife or a huge stack of books?
110. What's your worst reading habit?
111. Who are some of your favorite fictional characters?
112. Who are your favorite authors?
113. What is the strangest thing your purse or wallet right now?
114. Who is your celebrity doppelgänger (lookalike)?
115. Which TV family is most like your own?
116. What's the best compliment you've ever received?
117. If you had 3 magic wishes, what would they be? (let's skip 'money' and 'more wishes', shall we?)
118. Name a song that best reflects your current mood
119. Are you a lucky or unlucky person?
120. Confess: Do you sing in the shower?
121. Are you crafty? What's the coolest thing you've ever made?
122. What's your dream job?
123. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
124. Describe yourself in only 3 words
125. Been to Europe?
126. Ridden on a motorcycle?
127. Lived in another state?
128. Met a celebrity?
129. Been to a Disney park?
130. Planted a garden?
131. Run a marathon?
132. Climbed a mountain?
133. Ridden in a limousine?
134. Been through a natural disaster (earthquake, tornado, hurricane, wild fire, flood, etc.)?
135. Driven a riding lawn mower?
136. Spoken a second language?
137. Played a musical instrument?
138. Sang or danced in public?
139. Been on a college sports team?
140. Sang karaoke?
141. Driven a go kart?
142. Gone skydiving?
143. Gone bungee jumping?
144. Ridden in a helicopter?
145. Broken a bone?
146. Stayed up all night?
147. Been on the radio or on TV?
148. Helped someone who was in danger?
149. Laughed so hard you spit out your drink?
150. Won a contest?
What are your favorite social media post questions? Share them in the comments!
You may also like these blogs by Megan Sharma:
The newbie’s guide to optimizing blog SEO in 10 easy steps
Writing tips: What I want to blog about vs. what I actually blog about
Try this new, no-brainer social media tool to support an author: Thunderclap
It's Here! Get My Free E-Book: 100 of Your Toughest Business Emails: Solved on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks and more
Business Email Etiquette: 50 Things You Should Never Say in a Work Email
Writing Quiz: What Percent Writing Genius Are You?
On The Write Life: 18 Ways to Support an Author (Besides Buying Their Book)
On The Write Life: Get Inspired! 20 Writers to Follow on Twitter
Book cover design: How I developed a concept for my indie author book cover
On The Write Life: 17 Incredible Possibilities if Writers Ran The World
For writers: All your writing fears, squashed!
A real, imperfect day in the life of a writer: me
Boss baby: 22 traits shared by 2-year-olds and bad bosses
Writing tips: Cutting down on word fat and other newsletter best practices
Writing tips for email: In 30 seconds, this message will self-destruct
Public speaking tips: How to move your audience from callous to captivated